Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Off Islanding again!

Why was I born in the North??? Didn't God know I belonged on the ocean? Well, I guess he just wanted me to have to figure it out myself- I'm sure he knew all along!

So, I was back at the bosses condo on South Padre Island again, covering for him while he was out of town- poor me. :)
My friend from Eagle Pass, Norma, and I ready to go out for a fresh sushi dinner. Boy, was it amazing! I could eat sushi every day and never get sick of it! Again, why did I grow up in Upstate NY???
This sea turtle lives at the Sea Turtle rescue mission on the island. They house injured seat turtles, most of which have had one of their flippers bit off by a shark. Believe it or not, this lucky guy is having a prosthetic flipper engineered for him by a team including a surgeon, a dentist, and and engineer! Pretty lucky little guy!
Notice the dolphin jumping in front of this huge barge on the ocean! Pretty cool!
Norma and I on the Dolphin watch cruise!

2 comments:

Sarah in the Middle said...

Looks GREAT! We are aving quite the summer-delay. Its still in the 50's here! Send some sun our way :)

Sarah in the Middle said...

I have been thinking about you all day as I hear on the news about the storm pounding your area. How are you? Post soon and let us know!