Friday, May 16, 2008

South Padre Island

Ready for the island!


Hi! Sorry it has been awhile! I was away this past weekend on South Padre Island. My boss owns a condo there, about 45 minutes from his clinic in Harlingen, TX. He was going on this big fishing trip and needed me to cover his clinic on Monday. The perk was, I got his condo for the weekend before- right on the Gulf. Well, needless to say, he twisted my arm... Had a blast. Swam in the ocean. Ate seafood. Gobs of seafood. Ate sushi. (I know that's seafood too, but it deserves its own category). Drank island drinks. Met cool island people who, btw, are SO "chill". Layed on the beach. Listened to the waves. Read magazines for the first time in a year. DIDN'T watch any TV. Watched old people dance to a live band at an ocean side dive. Laughed at them and decided I wanted to be just like that at age 70. Got sunburned bad! (SPF 50 doesn't help if you forget to put it on the back of your legs and lay on your stomach all day on the beach!) Went skinny dipping in the middle of the night. (Do not try that at home- it's an Island thing). Woke up on a pillow full of sand and smiled about it. Chilled with my boss' wife at Wahoos and watched the sun go down. Got a job offer to move there next year, but we won't expound on that as of yet. Is expound a word??? I think it is. Anyway, trip a HUGE success and a much needed break.
I got a wake-up call at work on Tues and had one of the craziest work weeks yet. TGIF! More later!








Sandy toes and flip-flops. It doesn't get much better than this!
The beach. On the Gulf of Mexico, South Padre Island
The sign says it all... :) Ignore the smeared eye make-up. This is a self-portrait of absolute relaxation. I LOVE the beach!

The light house at Port Isabel, entering SPI.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Sooooo lovely looking.....wish we were there=it is 45 degrees today and I am turning on the heat! We tried to take a walk today...and got caught in a hailstorm! Enjoy the sunshine and send some our way!
hb

Sarah in the Middle said...

What fun! It looks like you had a great time :) There's something about the islands. We have spent some time in the Florida Keys when we're down visiting Jordan's dad. I love it! I don't think I'd want to live there forever - I love the seasons - but I could take a reallllly loooong visit!