Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camping at River Bend on the Frio River

This weekend I went camping about an hour and a half away from Eagle Pass on the Frio River. It is in "hill country" which is beautiful! I went with some of my neighbors that live here on the ranch. Some of their family owns a campground called River Bend and they invited me to come out. Last minte I decided to go. I never did take my camera to the river since water and digital cameras don't mix, but I caught a few shots I thought I would post.

A view of the campground laden with Cyprus and Mesquite trees. They are also all along the river, making for a beautiful float on a tube.


My little neighbor Brandon, with his dog, Elvis


Setting up camp under the pavilion



View from the top of the campground at the hills.

My neighbor Gentry

2 comments:

Holly said...

OMG...isn't it a bit hot out for camping in your neck of the country???? We are leaving for a 5 day trip on the 16th with Gabe...wish us luck!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures.. Riverbend has a great spot.. glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you visit here again.. It's nice seeing others write about the Frio River Area..

Next time you down, check us out if have any questions or want to see more about the area at funrivers.com

Take Care,

funrivers